Request for Proposal Policy:
Request for Proposals will be open to the community every three years. The Board will approve the types of proposals that will be accepted. Types of proposals will be based off the current Community Plan, Priorities set by the board and needs identified in the community. The proposal will be published to email contact groups and newspaper publications. Newspaper publications will be submitted to three newspapers, in the most populated cities in the counties of Buena Vista, Crawford and Sac.
The proposal will include:
- Timeline for project: June 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 – FY 18 (renewals FY 19 & FY 10)
- Issue Notice for Request For Proposal: January 5, 2017
- Proposal Forms and Availability of forms: Posted on website or call 712-662-3880
- Guidance and supporting documents: Posted on website or call 712-662-3880
- Required Documents, conflict of Interest Statement, Proof of Insurance etc.
- Proposals due date: February 15, 2017
Proposals will be reviewed using a scoring system. Scoring will assist the board to come to a unified decision.
Request for Renewal Policy:
Contracts will be issued for three years with the option for renewal. Renewals will be based on the contractor’s performance. In the case a contract does not work out, the contract expires, and the board does not renew. Renewals require a new budget submitted each year. Funding may vary for each renewal year, based on BVCS Early Childhood Iowa allocation and carry forward amounts.